Spring is right around the corner, which means summer is right behind. In preparation for the summer sun and showing off your 2015 beach body, it’s time we fine tune our nutrition. Hopefully you’re still going strong on your New Year’s resolution to hit the gym 3 times a week. Smoothies are such a good way to condense all the nutrients you need into a drink that is totally customizable. Contrary to popular belief, store bought smoothies are not very good for you. They have tons of added sugar and chemicals that negate the health benefits from drinking them. So today I’m sharing my favorite recipe for an all-natural, organic green smoothie.
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop of Whey protein powder
- Fresh Baby spinach
- Fresh Kale
- 1 cup of ice (optional)
- Two spoon-fulls of peanut butter
- A couple splashes of coconut water
Making the smoothie
1. Combine 1 chopped banana, ½ cup of Greek yogurt, a scoop of Whey protein powder, and 3/4 cup of almond milk together. Blend until smooth.
2. Now add in 1 handful of baby spinach leaves. When adding greens, add them in slowly. They can clog your blender if you add too much at once
3. Next, add in a handful of fresh Kale. All hale the kale!
4. Now finish by mixing in a little bit of coconut water, and 2 spoon-fulls of peanut butter.
Peanut butter can save any smoothie, since it can mask almost any other taste. If your smoothie is too thick for your liking, add in some more coconut water to thin it out. Prefer your smoothie cold? Blend in a few cubes of ice to chill your drink out.
Enjoy! And be sure to share some of your favorite smoothie recipes with me! I am always on the lookout for great smoothies!